Monday, March 25, 2013

sad sappy love post

Last night at about 1:30am, one of my friends told me that she recently got a DUI. I consider her one of my very dear friends and a role model, as she is a few years older than me. When she told me she got a DUI, I thought I'd be angry, or disappointed, or something along those lines. But honestly, I wasn't. All I felt towards her was love. I mean, I probably should feel somewhat angry at her for her decision, but I don't. I'm sad for her. I'm sad that she has to deal with this on her record, right as she's starting her career. I'm sad that she has to pay for lawyers and tickets and whatever else you have to pay for when you get a DUI. I love her, and I just want what's best for her. Last night, as I was thining these thoughts, I finally understood how God feels about me. He doesn't look at me with disgust when I mess up. He is loving and kind and caring. Pastor Randy was talking about this in the sermon a few weeks ago. We can't fully love each other until we know God, because His love makes us want to love others. God used last night to show me how he feels about me when I make a bad decision. I hope my friend can see that I'm not angry and I'm not disappointed. I hope she can see how much I love her, because I love her to pieces and I'm sad that this one decision could impact her the rest of her life.
Well, that's enough sad sappy love posts for today. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment