Wednesday, February 27, 2013

"spring"

Spring should be a time of new life. But this year, all I can see is death. This morning in physics, Mr. Wells told us his dad was expected to die of cancer in the next week or so. Right after that, we watched a terribly sad video about Jorgen Yde in adroom. Yes, it was a video meant to encourage us to donate to JY6000, but it really just reminded most students the sadness we felt as a student body the day when he passed away. Later in adroom, Mrs. Waagmeester asked us to go outside during 5th period on Friday to watch the funeral procession of the Vollmer family. We're allowed to stand on the curb of Cliff Ave in silence to show our respect. This has been an incredibly sad day so far. I wonder how many more deaths we'll have to go through as a student body before spring truly comes. Yes, I know in Christ, I have new life and I should feel excited about this time of year when other things come back to life too, but right now, honestly, I just feel dreary.

No comments:

Post a Comment